Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Power Of A Smile

Smiling Faces Can Light Up an Entire World

It's Really Not Just what you say: This morning I went for a walk with Honour-Smile around 7 am. It's the same walk I do when I take Lyric to her classes. On this walk, without fail, I meet a lady who is running through the path. We never speak, we just wave at each other. While I was pregnant she would run behind me for a little and then pass me, turn around and just wave. Well today, it was different. Honour was with me and she couldn't believe it was me! She's so used to seeing my huge belly that I bet it caught her by surprise. Then I noticed that she was so beautiful! She was Asian and didn't know how to speak English. So she just smiled! I'm talking and introducing her to my little princess but she couldn't reply.. She just smiled and laughed. She continued to give me all the gestures and body language that I needed to know that she was happy and excited to see the baby! That's how it should be with us.. It's really not just what we actually speak out of our mouths but what comes from our hearts that should speak for us! My Asian friend couldn't speak but I felt her heart through her smile, through her hug and through her laughter. We may not always know what words to say and its ok! Our gestures and demeanor can light up a room..and it can also make it dim. Today's challenge: Let your smile and demeanor SPEAK LIFE! Make someone else's day amazing with your loving, kind and gentle presence. Remember, It's not just what you say but... HOW YOU SAY IT! Even if you say nothing at all!
If you enjoyed this PLEASE SHARE! and invite others to like the blog! I love you guys! Until tomorrow's challenge...SPEAK LIFE!