Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stay at Home Mom


When I was younger I was always independent. I never wanted my parents help with anything. I  grew up as the younger sister and I wanted to do things on my own. This attitude generally worked in my favor growing up because I had my own ideas and views and could easily be a leader among my peers. Now that I am older, married and I have a very active toddler running around the house, there isn't much time for me to be alone and independent. Even my bath time gets a teeny weeny knock at the door.. "Mommy can I come in".. I can't resist her little voice! So what I've found is when everyone goes to the game or to grab groceries, that's the perfect time for me to fall into my "Stay at home Mom" role. I will stay back from some of those trips just to steal some moments alone. It's during this time when I can seek the Lord, write some goals, and even to just paint my nails! It's nothing wrong with needing some personal time because it helps you stay refreshed and focused for your loved ones. I love the song "Draw Nigh" by Fred Hammond ... It is so powerful and ministers right to the heart. Drawing nigh unto the Lord even in the short moments of the day can do wonders for your marriage, your children and everyone around you because you become in tune with Holy Spirit. That's the most beautiful experience in this world.
So tonight, I'm staying home to worship,  clean, organize and have this treasured moment to myself:-)

Shine Baby!


M