Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Dont Judge




Speak Life Challenge Day 17: Don't judge the book by it's cover. Today has been a long day of traveling! Traveling East to see family and so that they can meet my new baby girl! On the flight there was a man who sat next to me. He said hello, but noticed I was nursing my daughter. He then got up and moved and said "Oh, you have a baby." Almost as if I had the plague or something. I could relate though. I've been mashed between two passengers and screaming babies myself and that experience can be horrible! BUT! He didn't know my Honour-Smile. He didn't know that she is so sweet and calm (as long as she's fed) and that she loves to smile and play! So, he moved his seat to a window seat ahead of me. And guess what? A lady walks in with a baby and sat right next to him! That baby screamed her head off almost the entire flight. What was my Honour doing? Cooing and sleeping. He judged us by his past experiences. He didn't give us a chance to brighten his day! Instead, he let what happened in his past influence how he treated his current situation. I'm sure he regretted that choice! He didn't seem happy getting off the flight!
Don't let that be us! Yes, things happen in our lives that sometimes crush us. Wound us. Shake us. Almost kill us. But we made it!! Do t forfeit what God is doing now because of the disappointment of our yesterdays. Tonight I challenge you to SPEAK LIFE over your NOW! Declare that it will be nothing like your yesterday! Nothing like your past! Declare it to be amazing and full of the grace of God. I challenge you to give your NOW a chance by looking straight on into what God has for you! Don't you dare judge your destiny by your past!! Until tomorrow.. Shine Baby!!
Ps- if this has blessed you, please share it! Someone may need it today:-)